The PCC have agreed Terms of Reference for the Communications group that has been formed in June 2013.
1. The Diocese of Sheffield Vision Statement for use in all outward communications is:
‘The Diocese of Sheffield is called to grow a sustainable network of Christ-like, lively and diverse Christian communities in every place which are effective in making disciples and in seeking to transform our society and God’s world.’
2. St John’s Vision Statement is:
“St John’s Church is a community whose vocation is to extend to all people the same welcome that we ourselves have received from God in Christ. Our worship, enriched by our strong musical and choral traditions, is at the heart of our community’s shared life. The gospel calls us to lives of discipleship marked by care for one another, by a passion for justice, and by a commitment to the service of our local and wider community.”
3. The purpose of this Group is to consider and make recommendations to the PCC regarding:
- The effectiveness and costs of our current communications and
- The possible benefits of using other forms of communication.
4. The Group will take account of the need for St John’s to effectively communicate with:
- Regular churchgoers
- People who live in our Parish
- People who live outside our Parish and
- People who have an existing or potential interest in our church life
5. The Group will consider the effectiveness of:
- The weekly news-sheet;
- Inspire (produced 10x a year);
- Our website (www.stjohnsranmoor.org.uk);
- Posters in church, on the noticeboard and in the Centre;
- The occasional Easter and Christmas card containing services.
Other forms of communication
6. The Group will also consider whether other forms of communication could be used to improve peoples’ knowledge and understanding of our Parish, examples include:
- Asking people to register on our website
- Better use of our Emails to target people who are interested in particular aspects of our church life
- Social media